Thursday, April 16, 2009

Miscellany

miscellany   /ˈmɪsəˌleɪni; Brit. mɪˈsɛləni/ [mis-uh-ley-nee; Brit. mi-sel-uh-nee]
–noun, plural -nies. A miscellaneous collection or group of various or somewhat unrelated items.



Today's blog is full of miscellany. Why, you say? Because there is a lot of random stuff on my mind.

Miscellany #1
I am amazed and astounded that many of you believed that I actually went to Cabo San Lucas on Spring Break. Pshaw! Of course I didn't. I dont take vacations--- didn't you read my "Chocolate Around the World" Blog??? (If you see wording in a different color and underlined that means it is a link! And remember to look at all three parts) No, sadly, I didn't do a darn interesting thing on Spring Break. I worked. That is my office and my office mates. We spent the week as we do every week-- noses to the grindstones!

Miscellany #2
What is a blinkie? WHAT IS A BLINKIE???? You have to view my regular blog page so if you aren't AT my blog but are viewing from an email--- GO TO MY BLOGSITE!!! DO IT NOW!!! Go to the right hand scroll down until you get to my message about what I love! Because this is a very important cause to me--- cuz it isn't just a cause it is two people whom I love. Two children!

Miscellany #3
School is really putting a damper on my blogging time. That is the pits. I love blogging. It feeds my need to speak, maybe even be heard. School is hard. I joke a lot but it is a lot of work on my tired old brain. I am wondering if two classes a semester is too much. I have trouble getting balance in my life. I think I have it kinda all figured out only to have something big come up during the semester that makes it all feel like too much. Last semester it was my mom being so sick. This semester it is the EBF my sister had. (Again with the link). Over the summer I might take a poetry class online for a weird credit I need to pick up. How hard could that be for someone who can write a whole blog IN HAIKU (link). Poetry is all so.... so......ridiculous though. I used to know this guy in my singles group who wrote poetry and would read it. I was always torn between wanting to BARF or just whop him upside the head. That is right. I support art in it's various forms.

Miscellany #4
I am getting a little crunchy.
(crunchy Adjective. Used to describe persons who have adjusted or altered their lifestyle for environmental reasons. Crunchy persons tend to be politically strongly left-leaning and may be additionally but not exclusively categorized as vegetarians, vegans, eco-tarians, conservationists, environmentalists, neo-hippies, tree huggers, nature enthusiasts, etc. ) That is what happens when you are a homeschooler like I am. I am hoping to teach her all kinds of important life skills. One of them is cooking. She said she would learn to cook if I got her this cookbook. How cool is that!! It is SO retro!!!!

Miscellany #5
You may not know this about me and I may be stepping out on a limb here but I am going to reveal something personal. I do this because I really feel a need to be authentic and real with people around me. I just spent too much time in my life putting on a good show. At this point I figure if you are going to reject me, do it right up front. (Is it a wonder I don't date? hehe) Most of the time things are great. Sometimes not so much. And I just think-- enough of the BS of all pretending to be perfect. Let's just show some compassion for people who have issues we don't even when we just don't 'get' it. Lets just be kind. Lets all just admit that we all have stuff to deal with-- that is how life is. It doesnt mean you are a 'good' person or a 'bad' person--- it is just the humanity of life. Myself-- I have some sort of thing that happens every so often in my ratty old brain that causes me to have periods of really intense anxiety that I just simply wake up with. I dont understand it and yes, I do take medication for it. I fight back against the monster when it rears its ugly head. And these are times that I realize how much I really do need the people around me who care about me. This being one of those times, I want to tell you all that I am grateful for your friendships and support. And I want to be sure to let you know that there are a lot of people who suffer and struggle in silence-- but we are not alone. When there is some sort of monster in your life-- fight it! Gather strength from friends! I hope you have faith in God to draw from because I can't see where else you can get enough strength to push through it! And let's be there for each other. Say the words you forget to say or you figure the other person knows. Show love and kindness. Love someone up and tell them you care even if you dont have a clue relating to their problems. I came across a verse today. I like it! Proverbs 11:25 (NIV) A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed. And isnt it just too true that loving up someone else leaves you feeling pretty loved up yourself?Try it! Let me know what happens!
Meanwhile, I just love you guys!!
LeAnn

6 comments:

Stacy Vogt said...

Hey Girlfriend.
Thank YOU for 33 years of being my friend. You have been there for me countless times. I always thank God for you and ask Him to bless you. Love, Stacy

critterlover said...

A couple of comments... Crunchy you say? LOL, I've been called a lot of things, hippie, tree hugger, left wing, vegetarian extremist, but Crunchy, that's a new one. Since I fit right in your description of crunchy, I'll add that proudly to my list of names. :-)

And, yes, I have another good friend who's, shall we say 40ish, and is taking classes while working FT and trying to maintain a relationship, that's plenty hard. She's also struggling with anxiety related troubles. I'd have to go with... yes, drop to 1 class. Good golly, no reason to put yourself through the ringer. Life will do that for you. I send you great BIG KUDOS for going to school and homeschooling your youngin' AND working, and being a mom... not a one of those is an easy task all by itself! So, WELL DONE you, and don't overstretch yourself. You're too valuable a person to be stretched to snapping point. XXOO

Carri Inglese said...

Hey girlie right there with you, better life through meds......lol except me not allowed! I love ya, we have been to hell and back more than once, yes I said it ! Hell said it again. Thank god for his grace He and you are the friend that sticks closer than a brother or sister in your case. oxoxox Carri

LeAnn said...

Ah you girls are great! I am glad you still love me even when I am a little whacked!
Hugs to All!!

JC said...

I've always thought that 'everyone has a story'. We all have something about us that makes us crazy and makes us special. The crazy part just might be what makes us special. You my dear are very special to me !!!!

Becky said...

"periods of really intense anxiety"-yep, me too. "I do take medication for it. I fight back against the monster when it rears its ugly head."-yep, me too.

I am glad to see you have a lot of support in dealing with your ugly monster. And I agree that we all have some kind of monster to deal with.

Old OLD movie called Vision Quest contains a favorite quote of mine. I have tried to live it every day; "... and I guess that's why we got to love those people who deserve it like there's no tomorrow. 'Cause when you get right down to it - there isn't."

Thank you for an excellent post!