Thursday, March 19, 2009

Update on My Sister

By now some of you have heard that my sister had a seizure.

That is some scary stuff there. So far the doctors aren’t sure why and the tests so far are good so we are hoping it is just a weird, one shot kinda dealio.

You may think I am insensitive for writing about it, especially just a few days later, but she told me to. As she lay in her hospital bed she grasped my hand, pulled me down close, looked deep into my eyes and said “LeAnn, you can blog about this if you want to”.

Want to?

Of course I don’t WANT to…..

But if you insist........

So the term seizure is kinda big and scary so we have been working on something a little more user friendly. We like ‘Eucalyptus Fit’ but that one is just too hard to explain. So far we are going with “Electric Brain Fart” It is descriptive and yet less intimidating. In fact we are shortening it to EBF.

I looked up “Electric Brain Fart” on the internet and nothing really useful came up. I mean there is lots of stuff about Brain Farts. There was even an ad for an Electric Fart machine—not really the same thing, though probably a lot more entertaining.
Then I googled “So, Your Sister Had A Seizure” and up popped a lot of great and unnecessary information. I learned that the whole thing is kinda like when there is a lightning storm and your computer gets a little too much juice and freaks out and then you have to re-boot it. I learned that you aren’t supposed to stick a 2' x 4' in the person’s mouth anymore. Who. Knew.
I learned that you are supposed to roll them over to the side so they don’t choke but my son says that the website is wrong about which side and it is because of the gastrioblahblahblah……… (that is the place where I got really lost and everything started sounding all medical like)

Since the doctors aren’t really coming up with anything, we are forming our own explanations.

#1) I don’t want to say that this has something to do with the fact that she stuck pennies in light sockets as a child but….. well, it does make you wonder. That is the 'Mom TOLD You Not To Stick That Thing In There, Now Look What Happened" theory.
#2) Frankly I think the most likely explanation: is the "Alien Brain Chip Activation" theory. Now, stay with me here…. While we were in the ER, and after we had gotten the speech from the Doc about what happened and what was going to happen etc…… the same doc went to the next bed and gave the SAME SPEECH to the patient over there! And not because she got the files mixed up but because the same thing happened to someone else!
DA DA DAAAAAAA!!!!
Here is my theory: Many years ago, during an early sweep of the planet, aliens abducted my sister and implanted a chip in her brain. They came back every so often to implant more chips and also to sneak some of their own kind to spy on us and drive us crazy (coughmydaughtercough). Then, on March 17, 2009 THEY FLIPPED THE SWITCH and caused a bit of an Electric Brain Fart in some people. Some people made the switch to full-on-alien with little obvious outward effect and live amoug us.
Further proof: As we were driving home at 3:30am she noticed that the moon was not full as she thought….. I pointed out that it was full but that her mother ship was blocking the view!
Finally, as if anyone needs more proof: It was St Patrick’s Day!!!!! That clinches it.


Just in case you are worried that I am posting this personal information to my blog, which has now been viewed by over 900 people since Mid-January (thanks to all my fans) here is a statement from my sister:

Dear Geeez Groupies:
It is me, Monica. I am absolutely thrilled to be featured on LeAnn's blog because it has been viewed well over 900 times, possibly even by complete strangers. I completely, and without reservation, endorse this statement.
She is the most awesome sister ever. My fondest dream, even when we were very small children, is to be just like her someday! Even now, sometimes..... when I see a falling star I think.......... WOW, I wonder if that is my alien spaceship!




If I can be serious here for just a minute, thank you
to everyone who is out there praying for my little sister. We really do hope and pray that there will never be another incident. We all know that life is full of all kinds of crappy adventures, but it is always important to know that God puts special people in our lives to make it more bearable.
I was just going to say something really cool about how much I love my sister and how full of awesome-ness she is, but just now she made a disparaging remark about all the cats I have that are up laying on my kitchen counter so now I have to skip it.
Well heck.. here goes anyhow. I know God really loves me for lots of reasons, but especially cuz He gave me a really terrific sister and I thank Him for that blessing.
Even if she is an alien.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I ever become infirm in any way, I want you by my bedside making me laugh. What a wonderful sister and friend (really, I mean that). And the alien activation thing sounds so Battlestar Galactica! I love it.

LeAnn said...

Dude, I hope you are never infirm, but if it happens I promise to come and mock you lovingly!

Anonymous said...

WHY is it so hard to post a comment? WHY???

Kym said...

Wow...I had no idea what had happened with Monica...You gave me her phone number a while back but I lost it. Can you go on Facebook and send me a message so I can get in touch with her? I'd LOVE LOVE to get togther with you guys....

Kym (Sutton) Sacca