Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Cultural Education

Today all Irish
Celebrate the day with poem
Green: Color of Life

Life is much too gruff
I will try to sooth you all
With a haiku blog

Come along with me
Expand your mind with haiku
Five, seven and five

My eyes are burning
Bright light from the monitor
Is it nap time yet?

I must work some more
Perhaps I will eat cookies
They will pad my butt

Why am I so weird
I prefer the term quirkey
Maybe eccentric

Menopausal haze
No wonder I am single
Too much for one man

Tonight is my speech
For my economics class
Hope I will get 'A'

Now it is time for you
Join me and compose your poem
Post in comment spot


Haiku (俳句 ,haikai verse?) listen (help·info), plural haiku, is a form of Japanese poetry, consisting of 17 morae (or on), in three metrical phrases of 5, 7 and 5 morae respectively[1]. Haiku typically contain a kigo, or seasonal reference, and a kireji or verbal caesura. In Japanese, haiku are traditionally printed in a single vertical line, while haiku in English usually appear in three lines, to parallel the three metrical phrases of Japanese haiku[2]. Previously called hokku, haiku was given its current name by the Japanese writer Masaoka Shiki at the end of the 19th century.




2 comments:

Joshua said...

Are you kidding me?
I cannot write poetry
Not even Haiku

Anonymous said...

Never mind.......I don't always read from the top down.....or with my top down!!! Someone already guessed it was coffee.....I thought they were beans...but nay...pinecones!!!
How embarassing! CAROL S.