Saturday, May 17, 2014

I Want To Be A.......

Here is the thing
I have this habit or tendency or whackadoodlosity that happens every so often where my brain shifts down into conserve energy mode and I just kinda zone out.  Like when your computer goes to 'sleep' and you have to wake it up to get the screen saver to give way to your desktop.  I get complacent and dull and tired and bored and my brain just turns into mush.  
Mush the 22 lb Cat



<<<<<<   Not THIS Mush

Mush like oatmeal or Cream of Wheat.  But the plain kind and unsweetened.  Just kinda gross and uninteresting. No raisins or walnuts.  No Maple & Brown sugar.  No fruit.
Just kinda.... there.... full of ennui and malaise and melancholy and yet still with a good command of the english language.

So I was having a conversation with myself and going over my life situation and exercising the Serenity Prayer method of gauging what all is going on with me.  What can change.  What do I need to just accept etc....  And I realized that I have put aside some very important things to me that always keep my spirits up--- a few raisins and walnuts and a dollop of cream even.
I miss school.
I love to learn new things and exercise my mind.  I like to occupy my brain so it is engaged with the world.
So I am looking around to see what will work best with my lifestyle (ie: workaholic, hybrid toddler rangler, furmom etc...) and I am checking out some online classes and some Parks and Rec classes (there is a photography class that looks interesting and also a beginning drawing class this summer) and I bought a book that is titled:  1000 Creative Writing prompts.  This is a book of all different kinds of writing subjects and is used to encourage writers to hone their craft, so to speak.  I strive to be a Renaissance woman and know something about many things but most of all I want to be a published writer when I grow up.  I also hope this will help me write on my blog more.  This 'off' feeling I have had for awhile has made it difficult for me to find things to write about.  I am hoping that using my new Random Number Generator application on my phone (#OCD nerd)  will direct me to a good prompt for the day and give me a kick start.  There may be some odd topics so be patient.  It is hard to find observational humor when one is wearing a dark veil of ennui you know.  I hope to get to writing at least 4 times a week.  My goal is to write every day but I want to be realistic!

Climb aboard.  I am off on a rabbit hunt once again!
But, admit it, it is one of the things you love about me right?   Right?  RIGHT?  (tap tap-- is this thing on?)

2 comments:

ltlrags said...

My favorite line: "full of ennui and malaise and melancholy and yet still with a good command of the english language." Indeed!

ltlrags said...

My favorite line: "full of ennui and malaise and melancholy and yet still with a good command of the english language." Indeed!