Saturday, February 15, 2014

CONTINUED.......

Continued........
Stop me if you heard this joke before....
So this woman walks into an airport terminal and gets an email............ that her flight has been cancelled.  So she gets in line to figure out what to do and they say they cannot reschedule but here is a handy dandy slip of paper with the airlines 800 number on it.  So let me just summarize:  Panic, irritation, fear, frustration, confusion, no wifi, no food or water.  Stuck at airport.  Find out I can get the shuttle back but it will cost me the full round trip fare and I cannot use the return air fare I had already paid for on the 18th.  Daughter sees my whining on facebook and offers to come get me.  MEANWHILE...... I get a call from someone who has found my wallet.  I didn't even know it was missing.  DAMMIT  So I go off in search of where my wallet is and finally a really sympathetic clerk asks if I am STUPID LEANN WHO ACTUALLY THOUGHT SHE WAS GOING TO GET A VACATION and I said "Meow" and she gives me my wallet because I LOOK LIKE MY Driver License picture which makes me very sad.  So then Lauren calls and says I should find a Van Nuys flyaway and she and her BFF and Parker will come get me.
So I drag my luggage around which is heavy because it is full of my CPAP machine and my new coat and all my WINTER CLOTHES and go wandering around asking for help because I didn't know where the ground transportation picks up.  I ask a guy and he says go down a floor (I didn't realize I wasn't on the ground) and so I head for an elevator.  While on the elevator there is a woman who cant seem to figure out how to go the floor she wants so she accidentally hits the alarm button.  Which results in a LOUD screeching alarm and her really freaking out.  Then she gets into a short altercation with a woman because she is kinda standing in the elevator doorway trying to figure out what to do.  And this woman gets ticked off because Tourists and people who don't know what they are doing irritate her.  And I am thinking "Girl, if you only knew what I have been through in the last few hours"  So I must look calmer than I feel.  I go wandering out on the walkway thing and after awhile I see a bus that says Fly Away and LO AND BEHOLD the guy stops and takes my luggage and I get on the bus and I pray it is going to the Fly Away and not to some horrible hairstyle salon where they will berate me for having  burnt ends on my brand new highlights.
ANYHOW.......  The people on the bus flew out of Atlanta where they finally got a flight out and I don't say anything because I am perilously close to crying which never ever happens.  Ever.  never ever ever.  But I suck it up and arrive in Van Nuys where I remember I have nuts and raisins in my bag and eat about 3 packs.  Because I had not had anything to eat or drink (NOT EVEN COFFEE!!) so I wouldn't have to use the restroom as much as I usually do.  So I sit there for awhile dreading the complete abandonment of my vacation...... when a small light forms at the end of my dark depressed rabbit hole of a tunnel..... No that didn't really make sense.... And a plan begins to form.
Lets see..... Lauren is coming down to Pasadena on Sunday to spend time with her dad.  Today is Thursday... If I found a reasonable hotel from Thursday to Sunday I could just chill out and enjoy my own company for a few days.  I have all I need to be away from home (except it is all winter weather clothes and it is 80 degrees here) so I find a very nice Marriot that I have stayed in before that is walking distance to Old Town Pasadena which is cool and has good rates because they are undergoing renovations so I have the girls drop me off there.
SO my vacation is kinda saved.  I am not getting to spend time with my BFF and that really hurts because I was so looking forward to that.  But I am getting time to read and blog and nap and shop so that is good too. I have no car but I can walk.  I will only miss a couple day of work so that is neither here nor there....... Good because there is always so much work.... Bad.... cuz I was going to take more days off. 
Whatevs....
So here it is Friday morning.  Valentines..... BOOOOOOOO   I so want to be all "It is just a Hallmark Holiday far too commercial to celebrate" and "I am my own true love" but I do feel that empty kinda 'No one loves me romantically I am going to eat worms' feeling.  Whatevs....
I think I will go for a walk and see what is going out there in the world.  I expect I will find something to share with you all!
(PS:  I cannot get my blog to upload pictures.  Does anyone have experience with Blogger that can help??)

1 comment:

ltlrags said...

Way too empathetic to feel any humor here. I'm so sorry that this has blown up 2 years in a row. Try next fall when the colors are beautiful and the weather is mild.