Sunday, November 18, 2012

He Passed!

I didn't want to worry you guys but everything is fine now so I can tell you that Parker did not initially pass his hearing screening in the hospital.  Yesterday we went back and they re-tested and this time he passed!  YAY!!!
It is amazing what they do these days.  It is kinda like when you take your car in for a diagnostic and they hook it all up with all kinds of wires and clamps and stuff and then let the computer run it's tests.  He had these sucker things over his ears and electrodes on his head and neck etc....  I was worried that he wouldn't pass-- though if they don't then they get you all set up with early intervention programs.  And his behaviour the night before didn't make me feel any better about it!  He partied all night long and I didn't see him study for his test at all!
But he is good to go.  That is right Parker, you will have to rely on pretending to not hear your mom when she tells you to stop biting the cats tail because now she knows you can hear her.

After the hearing test we made a quick trip to the store to pick up a few things.  We had decided it was time to break out the new stroller which I did manage to get in the truck of my car though it is a big sucker.  As it turns out getting the stroller set up to use was quite a challenge.  Lauren and I stood in the parking lot for a long time trying every which way to make it stand up.  We pushed all the buttons and pulled on all the bars and stuff.  Nothing.  I was getting tired.  But we were determined not to give up.  Suddenly I saw that Brandon (who had put this monstrosity together in the first place) had left the instructions.  I am not one of those people who feel like they have failed by reading instructions (you know who you are) and I am always willing to read through then before I pronounce them stupid and useless.  Luckily these instructions made sense and I was able to located the right bar to pull to get the dang thing up!
I was sweaty and breathing hard and may actually have said a bad word or two but we persevered.


1 comment:

ltlrags said...

I'm both sorry to hear about the stress you all had to go through waiting for the test, and also very happy that little Parker gets a clean bill of health!