Monday, December 20, 2010

Guest Blogger: Yard Decorations


I requested a "Guest-blog" spot on my sister's blog site. Last week she (crazy as this might sound) left to attend church as my daughter- Rebecca and I were putting the finishing touches on our outside Christmas decorations. As Rebecca and I were plugging the lights in we were getting frustrated that only part of one of our reindeer was lighting up.....It was the head....The back-end of the deer was dead. Rebecca got the "bright" idea to hold the deer head against the wall as if it were a mounted deer-head. I loved it and immediately got to work on getting it mounted on the house.  Then we noticed the little light-up tree was missing something.... We looked in the back of my car and lo and behold there was that clip-on bird I had bought a few months ago. It went perfectly on that tree.... Well, a few hours later Rebecca and I arrive home after going out for a bite to eat and notice that my sister's car is barely in the driveway as if she were sneaking up on something. LeAnn had actually driven up and quietly snuck out of her car to get a picture of this bird without scaring it.......as she is realizing it was a fake bird. Needless to say she felt ridiculous and then she walked up to the house and saw the deer-head on the wall. She sent me a text that read- "Ok I seriously got my camera ready to take a picture of that bird. And the deer head. Omg u r so warped."  It was worth it all!!!! Ha Ha- gotcha!!!! I know, I know...I'd better sleep with one eye open....
Love ya Sis....

Deer Head Mounted on House Wall

Shhhh There is a Dove Sitting on The Tree

2 comments:

LeAnn said...

Good Job Guest Blogger Monica.
I just want to know WHY THERE WAS A PLASTIC BIRD IN THE BACK OF YOUR CAR????????

Carol S. said...

Reminds me of the time a flock of birds was on our front lawn....it was dark...we were pulling up the driveway. We saw sillouettes of large birds. Then I noticed one bird was hanging by its neck. Upon closer inspection (and eye adjustment...followed closely by brain dendrite firing) we realized they were pink plastic flamingos!!! We paid the ransom, and had them relocated to Pastor Chris' front yard! Hee, hee, hee! Carol S.