Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year Musings

Happy Happy New Year, Geeezers!!!
And, once again, I remind you that you are my Geeeezers (pronounced with a 'J' sound not with a "G" sound cuz you are not old!)

Today I am thoughtful as is common to be on the dawning of a brand new year-- and what a year it has been. I could list all the strange and wonderful things that have happened this year but you all know all this stuff already and if not, just wander through my archives....

I got to thinking of what a blessing it is to not know the future. If you had told me a year ago all the things that would have happened in 2009 I would have been overwhelmed and quite sure I would not survive it all and yet here I am in a really good place. I think it is much better that God, in His infinite understanding, lets life unfold just one day at a time and gives us strength and grace for that one day as it comes along. As much as it would be nice to know that everything is going to be just fine... I think it is a lot better to trust that He has a handle on things. One of my little projects in 2009 was to memorize Psalm 91 which is my favorite Psalm and the opening line is an awesome reminder for me about where my security lies: "He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty". I think that is a pretty great place to hang out-- what about you?
I pray that we all have a Healthy, Happy, Blessed New Year!
Loves to All~

2 comments:

betty said...

Happy New Year! I love that Psalm. I had parts of it memorized at times

hope it is an awesome one for you and your family

betty

critterlover said...

Happy New Year dear one.

You're absolutely right, if I'd known all that was coming at me in 2009, I'd have hidden under a rock and never come out again. But, here I is, alive and mostly sane still.

One day at a time.