Well it is a LOT like internet dating and I will tell you how:
1) Size DOES matter. Calling your house 'cozy' is like characterizing yourself as Large Boned when you weigh 300 lbs. CoughBrontasauruscough And I have my thoughts on the people that are actually attracted to plus sized women. EW You have issues dude coughmommycough
2) It IS personal when they look at your house / online profile and are not attracted to it. It IS a rejection. When someone says there isn't chemistry it is the same as saying "Oh, A SWAMP Cooler. Buh Bye" (And this actually happened the other day. Walked in.... walked out)
3) Bringing your portfolio circle graphs and bar charts and statistics about how a house in this market really must sell within 30 days or you are in trouble is really saying
4) Oh, of COURSE my house always looks like this
5) If you look at my house one time and you never call again, I won't feel rejected.
If you get a look at what I look like after having amazing conversations and then change your phone number, I won't feel rejected.
You know, now that I think about it, putting my house up for sale is actually a LOT more fun than dating be it internet or whatever else goes on these days.
I mean, this is the second time in 10 years I tried to sell my house but it has been almost 20 years since my last date and almost 17 since I tried to meet someone online.
My house and I are feeling rejected.