Sunday, March 2, 2014

Sad Day In Feline Land

I am feeling very sad today because yesterday I had to say goodbye to one of my furgang, Boris.   I know that I get teased a lot for being a crazy old cat lady and I don't take it personally because I resemble that remark.  I love my cats.  Deal with it!
I am not going to go into details but I will say that he was hurt very badly and was barely alive by the time I got him to the vet and it was there that I had to let him go.
So, this blog it dedicated to my furry friend.
You might remember him as the one who assisted my sister in working on my car awhile back

Boris hated coming in the house and so he spent his time out front guarding our house and greeting us every day when we came home from work.  He was a Russian Blue (completely dark gray) and had striking yellow eyes.  He would always walk with my sister to the mail box down the street and he had this cute way of reaching up for a scratch on the head by standing on his back legs.  I got Boris about 12 years ago when someone I knew thought he was too rough but he was always a sweetie to me and I am going to miss his furry face!
He also would always jump up on the hood of the car when you would get home to snooze on the warmth of the engine.  Ironically my sister caught three of our other cats doing this just the other day, so in honor of Boris we have  the photo exhibit "Cats On Cars"
This is called "Mush On Hood"
And we have "Layla On Hood"
And finally "Oliver Thomas O'Malley On Hood"

Rest in Peace Bushka, I will miss you!!

4 comments:

Susan said...

I am sooo sorry for your loss....

Quill and Greyson said...

We are so very sorry for your loss. Purrs to ease your heart my friend.

ltlrags said...

I'm sorry I haven't replied until now. It's hard enough to lose a pet, but when they are hurt and you have to make 7hat difficult decision it's so much harder. I hope you had support with you! Love you!

LeAnn said...

Thank you everyone. I really miss his greetings every day when I come home from work. He was always right there to walk me to the door. So sad!