Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Cultural Musings....

Okay so I guess this is supposed to be romantic right?

I have a few suggestions:


(Note:  Your Education Today is "Poetry")

Couplets:  Poems that rhyme
Warmth of Sand
Depth of Sea
Hold my hands
And Marry Me

Or
Warmth of Sand
Depth of Sea
Golden Tanned
Get Hitched  6-3

Haiku:
(Short poem with 5-7-5 syllable structure)

Sand is made of rocks
Made from boulders crushed by sea
Our love is so deep

I gaze in your eyes
So I will not stare at your  tail
You are a mermaid

Caught by the camera
Our wedding now a blogpost
Should have used courthouse

An Acrostic:
(The first letters of each line form a verically word
which is usually is the subject of the piece)

W  onderful
E  verlasting
D  emocracy
D  elicious
I  nfatuated
N  ever Ending Love
G  rrrrreat

M  alice
A  nathema                  
R  egret
R  end
I   nsane
A  dversary
G  ay
E  ncopresis

Or a Limerick
(A limerick is a funny poem with five lines.  The last words of the first, second and fifth lines rhyme with each other and the last words of the third and fourth rhyme with each other.  It also has a rhythm or cadence like this:
da DUM da da DUM da da DUM (first second and fifth)
da da DUM da da DUM (third and fourth)

There once was a man from the sea
Prince Eric The Poet is he
Found Gail on the sand
Bound her with marriage band
No longer is Eric so Free

At the Chapel de Amore 10th of June
Do you suppose our dear Gail was a-swoon?
For she landed her guy
To get loose he must die
For dear Eric not a moment too soon

On a personal note, lest you think I have given up on love and marriage and fairy tales..............

It is clear by the tone of my prose
My romance is more thorn than the rose
More the pity is me
Never loved will I be
Sometimes that's  just the way that it goes


Today's Vocabulary Click On Word:

1 comment:

ltlrags said...

That is the funniest and wittiest blog I've ever read from you. [stands, applauds]