Monday, May 23, 2011

Dinner Theatah: A Magpie Tale


Oh, for the love of all that is holy, why do I put up with this crap?
Last month, for my birthday, it was Mariachis and a giant sombrero.
I guess that was just to warm me up for the Really Important stuff.
"Of course I would love to go to the park on Sunday and cheer you on while you practise swordplay"
Huz-zah

It is called Sarcasm:  look it up!  Seriously,  buy a clue, would you?
A  bit part in the local community theater production of Shakespeare does not make you a Master Thespian
Neither does scooping up horse poop during intermission at Medieval Times
You work at Best Buy for crying out loud
And the only reason I agreed to this date was so you would get me that plasma TV on discount

Hey, thanks for everything but I really gotta bounce.
(that sexy lute player wants to go to the Cinemark and see Pirates of the Caribbean)




Magpie Tales is a blog dedicated to poets and writers with the purpose of honing their craft, sharing it with like minded bloggers and  keeping their muse alive and well. For more stories inspired by this picture go to   http://magpietales.blogspot.com/

7 comments:

Helen said...

I think this is mahvalous ...

JC said...

Love this and you !!!

Helena said...

What a comical spin to this week's Magpie...! Loved it, dahhling..

hyperCRYPTICal said...

I like this take!

Anna :o]

gsb3 said...

I like the voice in this one. Really adds personality to the young woman, who seems a little nervous at best. But you use your imagination well and tap into the irony of the situation. I also like the contemporary spin on the story you invented. That will always reach your readers, and I could certainly appreciate it. Loved the part about the plasma tv. :)

Tumblewords: said...

Oh, how fun this is!

Steve Isaak said...

Lol, fun work. Thanks for the humor.