Friday, March 4, 2011

The Great Mystery Vegetable Challenge!

The Great Veggie Challenge Continues
This week  "Rapini"

Rapini (also known as Broccoli Rabe (or Raap or Raab), Broccoletti, Broccoli di Rape, Cime di Rapa, Rape, Rappi, Friarielli (in Naples), and Grelos) is a common vegetable in the cuisines of Southern Italy

Rapini has many spiked leaves that surround a green bud which looks very similar to a small head of broccoli. There may be small yellow flowers blooming from the buds, which are edible. The flavor of rapini has been described as nutty, bitter, and pungent.
The Wonderful Chanel With Rapini

And really gross.


Once again we will not be adding this to our vegetable repertoire


Now here we have a pot of collard greens that I cooked up for my sister.  Apparently I make good collard greens.  She really loves them.  Me, not so much.

Here is some very important advice from an expert:


Thumper: "Eating greens is a special treat, It makes long ears and great big feet. But it sure is awful stuff to eat."

1 comment:

JC said...

I have never eaten that. I like Broccoli but since I really don't cook, I don't try other things.

Love your catty helper though ...