Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Magpie: Maybe He Should Get A Cat


I should go inside
Or not
It is cold out here
But it will be cold inside too

I can build a fire in the fireplace
But that won't change anything

It is cold out here
And the trees look dead
And I feel cold inside





Magpie Tales is a blog dedicated to poets and writers with the purpose of honing their craft, sharing it with like minded bloggers and keeping their muse alive and well. For more stories inspired by this picture go to

10 comments:

Reflections said...

Interesting piece, I find it chilling how the cold transfers to within, even with fires burning, to the point of being cold inside the person... Nice write.

Lucy Westenra said...

Feeling cold inside ain't good!

Lyn said...

Definitely, intuition plays a role here..a lot of tension in such a short piece..well done!!

Fireblossom said...

A dilemma indeed.

I had to drop by, as I am always saying "jeez louise"!

Kristen Haskell said...

Oh go in and make the place warm! Changing routine always helps.

Arian Tejano said...

this poem reminds me of carl sandburg's line: "Write your wishes on the door and come in."

Love this.

Trellissimo said...

Sad, when the cold is inside as well as out...

Debora said...

I think he needs to go to Starbucks for a latte and a muffin to improve his disposition. Then go home and light a fire...
Very nicely done.

Helen said...

Open that door! You have what it takes to warm the place up ~ for sure!

Judy Roney said...

Your poem makes me feel chilly, too. I like your take on this prompt, this photo. This green house is going through so much with us at the typewriter. :)