Friday, July 2, 2010

Back to Snowy......




















Geeezers: I realize how remiss I have been about passing along Snowy's emails. It may seem as though she dropped off the face of the earth, but she has actually been in touch with me this whole time. There is no excuse for my neglect but even so.... I have to say that posting pictures has become extremely frustrating to me and by the time I spend 10 hours clicking away on the computer at work I just find it difficult to sit down in front of a computer at home when there is a nice soft bed awaiting....
Forgive me.....
And, Back To Snowy's Tale~~

If you remember the story we last left Snowy meeting new family and friends.....

"While Chris and I waited for Monica's cousin, I was fed. I discovered I love tater tots. Mmmm. And so, I was introduced to Monica's cousin. "What's a cousin?" I asked. "First rule, no whining". "This is how we are related." Monica's grandmother is my aunt, her mother is my cousin, she is my second cousin and Becca is my third cousin." "Monica's grandmother and my mother were born here." "On a boat?" I ask. No, by "here" I mean Long Beach.

So, we drove in the car of Monica's cousin (well, really, second cousin) and saw the sights of Long Beach. The really big boat called the Queen Mary, The Performing Arts Center, and the street where Monica's grandmother was raised, New York Street, but you can barely see the street sign from my viewpoint, since I am so small.
We finally quit driving. I learn, in the car, that Monica's second cousin has a name. It's Lucy. And apparently her middle name is the same as Monica's grandmother and greatgrandmother, "Lelian". "It's hare to pronounce." I say. "It's okay, no one in the family except my Auntie and me can pronounce our name correctly, it's gaelic." What's that? I'll have to find out later.
We arrive a Lucy's home. First thing in order, a bath. Never had one. I am placed outdoors in the sun, in the warmth to dry my hair. I am more than a little scared ...
And, we watch tv. We watch a very famous program called "Dancing With the Stars", where humans in bright colors shimmy and shake around a dance floor. I am not sure why. But I enjoy the color.
The next morning it is announced I am going to work with Lucy. We're off. "Are you a Republican?" I am asked. "Well, yes, isn't everyone?" I reply. "I am not sure about the party affiliations of middle aged stuffed kittens, that's why I asked", is the response. We are going to work in a city called Yorba Linda. And we drive ...

No comments: